ATA AHMAD, M.D., P.A.
Dr. Ata Ahmad is a native of New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended Baylor University in Waco, Texas where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology. He went on to attend medical school at Louisiana State University in New Orleans.
Dr. Ahmad completed his surgical training at the Louisiana State University Health Science Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. After completing his surgical training, Dr. Ahmad opened his own private practice in Bay City, Texas where he spent the next five years specializing in general and laparoscopic surgery. While in Bay City, Dr. Ahmad developed a special interest in bariatric surgery.
He has successfully completed extensive training and certification for Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve and banding. Currently, Dr. Ahmad practices in Northwest Houston with surgical privileges at Houston Northwest Medical Center, Humble Surgical Hospital, Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center, Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, and Tomball Regional Medical Center, North Cypress Medical Center, The Methodist Hospital – Med Center, and St. Luke’s Hospital at the Vintage.
He is one of the most experienced laparoscopic surgeons in Houston and has performed many laparoscopic procedures. Dr. Ahmad has performed surgeries in New Orleans, Dallas, Baton Rouge, Houston, and various cities across the country and is a recipient of the SRC Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery, and has been named #1 Robotic Surgeon in Houston in 2020.
Dr. Ahmad is a Board-Certified General Surgeon by the American Board of Surgery. Whether you need a surgical consultation, outpatient surgery, or bariatric surgery, you can be confident that you will be treated by a highly trained physician and staff, utilizing the latest and most innovative methods.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana (2000)
- Surgical Residency: Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana (2000)
- Internship: Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana (1996)
- Medical School: Louisiana State University, School of Medicine (1995)
- Undergraduate: Baylor University (1991)
Awards and Honors
- SRC Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery
- #1 Robotic Surgeon in Houston (2020)
- The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American Medical Association
- The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- American College of Surgeons
- The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeon
- The American Society of Breast Surgeons
- General Surgery
- General Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Surgery
FOLLOW US ON:
OUR PATIENT PLEDGE
At Total Medical, we strive to provide you with the best health care experience. We understand the importance of high-quality health care that is safe, effective and affordable. We are committed treating each patient with dignity and respect at all times. Our team will explain your treatment options so that you can make an informed decision about your health care needs.